FOR THE LOVE OF HOME-MADE CAKES

FOR THE LOVE OF HOME-MADE CAKES


I love baking and decorating cakes. Each one of my creations is homemade with love! I can't bring you the taste here or the smell, but I can share with you the visual beauty of a cake and the story behind its creation. I invite you to comment and to possibly contribute some of your own pictures. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Doll For My Doll!

I remember a doll cake that was made for me for my 16th Birthday.  I decided to try one for my daughter, Maggie for her 15th birthday. I borrowed a cake pan from a cake decor mentor of mine, Cynthia Turner from Cakeworks in Hamden, Connecticut.  The oval base of the cake was chocolate.  The dress was made from "funfetti" cake mix and the icing was vanilla.  The entire process of baking and frosing took place over 3.5 hours.  I purchased the "Barbie" for $5.44 at Walmart.  The glee on my daughter's face was priceless.